Monday, January 09, 2006

What Is UP With The Weekends???

Why do they go by so fast? It ain't right, I tell you.

I got up on Saturday and headed out on a long ride, looping around the Reservoir and headed up toward Heil Valley Ranch.



I had to stop to shoot a picture of the funky thistle-thingies out there:



It's just amazing how freakin' warm it was. Check out the short sleeves:



When I got up to Heil Valley Ranch, I ran into my teammate, Steve Held, and I gotta tell you, this makes the FOURTH time I've run into him on a trail in the past few weeks. This is either eerie coincidence, or Boulder County is in desperate need of some more trails. It's probably the latter. He thought it was pretty amazing, too, especially since the last time we bumped into each other, we saw no one else.



On the way back, the wind really started to kick up. It has been unrelentingly windy lately. Global warming is upon us!



Then on Sunday, Zack and I suited up to ride again, but some scary weather loomed over the Foothills, and we both lost interest. Plus we were sick of the damned wind. Zack is one of the few people who can make the old-school cycling cap look hot:

No comments: