Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Oy vey!!

Today is a good day! First of all, I made a cool picture before 9am, which sets a good tone for the rest of the day:



Naomi Steinberg, a rabbi from Carlotta, Calif., performs her morning prayers on Wednesday at the Hotel Boulderado. Steinberg was one of about 180 rabbis, rabbinic pastors, and cantors who gathered in Boulder for the 8th Annual Ohalah Conference, a six-day event organized by Aleph: The Alliance for Jewish Renewal. Attendees came from all over the U.S., as well as Israel and Germany, and from all denominations of the Jewish faith. This is the 7th year the conference has been held in Boulder.

And then I got a call from my buddy Troy at the gym where I work out and teach spinning. He desperately needs someone to work the front desk, so voila! I have my part-time job. It doesn't pay that great for the first month, but it will get better after that; plus I can make commissions by selling things out of the "pro shop." This is great, because I was finding that right after Christmas is a tough time to find work. AND it ends the dilemma I was in about my gym membership. I had been warned that as only a substitute spin instructor (the gym bought another one and is under new management) I would have to start paying for my gym membership. Apparently, only the people who teach a class every week get a free membership. But now I've got all that worked out, and some dough coming in as well! I hope to have my moving/car/medical bills paid off by April or May. Come on universe, send some more freelance jobs my way so I can get out of debt even faster!

No comments: