Monday, November 28, 2005

Happy Turkey Day, Everyone

I had originally planned to spend the weekend in Fruita, mountain biking with Zack, Cindy, and her husband Matt. But the cold I caught last weekend continued to smack me around, so I decided against traveling anywhere. Instead, Zack and I had Thanksgiving dinner with a couple who are also my teammates, Peter and Patsy Shaffer. They're funny people who sure know how to cook a good turkey, as well as a slam-dunk pumpkin pie. Yum!
We spent the rest of the weekend in a fairly mellow fashion; I had to ride at least a few times because the weather was so nice, even though I didn't feel 100%. Now is the time of year where I'll ride Hall Ranch a zillion times because it's always pretty warm and dry up there, plus the trail is a blast.

A man and his shadow:



Rippin' it up on the singlespeed:



Who doesn't like a cyclist's legs?? I ask you...



While we heard that the weather in Fruita was crappy, it didn't stop Zack and I from feeling restless. I wish we could fast-forward to summertime, and win the lottery so we could mountain bike in British Columbia for a month, and then spend a month riding through Italy. Dammit! Winter sucks. But then I have to remind myself: this isn't what Thanksgiving is about! It's about being happy with what you have. I live in a beautiful place; I have my health (for the moment, anyway!); I have family, friends and boyfriend that I adore; I have a job; I have my passion for cycling, which encompasses the joys of fitness, competition, friendship, and travel all in one; and I live very comfortably. I haven't a thing to complain about!
And best wishes to all of you, too!

No comments: