Monday, November 14, 2005

Catching Up

Sorry folks, I had a busy week. Plus I kept forgetting to carry my little happy-snap camera to things over the weekend... rats!!

Anyway, here are some photos from work.... Friday was Veteran's Day, with a parade in Longmont. I really enjoy talking to all these old guys, who just light up when they see the parade.



Michael Benavidez, right, and Greg Emery, center, U.S. Navy recuiters from Longmont, thank Ed Yusko for his service in World War II during the Veteran's Day Parade on Friday in Longmont. Yusko survived a kamikazi attack on the USS Nashville on Dec. 13, 1941, an attack that killed 133 and wounded 190. That ship was part of the first U.S. attack on the Japanese mainland, called the Doolittle Raid, after Pearl Harbor in 1942.

And it's funny to watch the little kids go nuts, too:



Ethan Mitchell, 6, gets excited after spotting several military vehicles during the Veteran's Day Parade on Friday in Longmont. He and his classmates at the Longmont Christian Kindergarten stepped outside their school to see the parade of bands, marching veterans, military vehicles, and fire engines.

This kid was just stunned into silence by all the pomp and circumstance and really big machines:



I spent the weekend riding a lot -- did a two hour 'cross type ride on Saturday, and then an awesome mountain bike ride with Zack and my team on Sunday at Hall Ranch, one of my favorite technically challenging rides near Boulder. Even though I was feeling kind of tired, I perked up enough to do a decent job with all the rocks and ledges. Schwing! I wish I'd shot some photos, for sure. This weekend is a cyclocross race at Xilinx, an industrial park that actually provides a really fun course. I'll definitely get some photos from that!

1 comment:

For The Trees said...

Thanks loads for the shot of the two Navy guys and the older veteran. I haven't seen the sailor suits since at least 15 years ago, and I wore one way back during Viet Nam. It's nice to see the Gov't hasn't messed with the suit. I LIKE tradition.

Thanks again.