Saturday, November 05, 2005

Daylight Is For Sissies

Once the time change happens, ya gotta do this:


As long as you're not freezing your tits off, it's a blast. It makes the boring trails around Boulder a lot more fun, and (close your eyes here, Zack!!) the other ones even MORE fun. There's no one else around, and it's amazingly peaceful. I love to stop somewhere along the way, shut off the lights, and check out the stars, city lights.... and the putrid glow of combusted fossil fuels that hangs over the Front Range. Sigh. But anyway, it's awesome. I'm hoping this funky warm trend we've got will allow me some more of these fun rides.

It was me, Zack, Cindy (left) and Beth (taking the picture). We're hoping the ride will turn into a regular Friday night fun-fest with more people each time as the word spreads. I already ran into a person today who knew about it, so it proves the insular nature of the Boulder cycling community.

I may also have to get used to this type of ride for my structured workouts... such is winter as a cyclist. I better cover myself in that reflective 3M tape you can buy at the hardware store so all the cell-phone-using motorists don't run me down. I could also try about fourteen of those little blinkie lights!

No comments: