Tuesday, March 27, 2007

No Moab For You!

Bummer... I was unable to go to my team's training camp in Moab this past weekend. I couldn't work out a carpool with anyone, and I really didn't want to take my car on a long road trip, what with the whole exhaust ready to fall off and whatnot.

So... I stayed home and tried to have my own training camp. I put in a good two hours on Friday, which was great. I tried to ride the singletracks north of the Rez, but they were so freakin' bumpy from everyone riding them when they were wet -- I thought I was going to lose some fillings. So I abandoned ship and went back to the dirt roads, but first I snagged this photo at the picnic shelter:


It poured rain all day on Saturday, so I used that day for recovery. Instead, I held an umbrella over the heads of some of my friends at the start line of the CatEye Road Race. Boy, this separated the boys from the men. Yuck!


Sunday I tried to ride again, and was feeling full of energy, but was cursed with sciatic pain. Apparently, I need my own personal traction machine. So I hiked instead, but was pretty disgusted with the lack of "training" at my training camp. Oh well. If this whole business isn't a lesson in patience (that I'm getting tired of learning, ha ha) I don't know what is.

It's supposed to be a nice week, so I should be able to get some more rides in. I see the PT tomorrow, so I can get on the rack and feel a lot better. ;)

No comments: