Thursday, March 15, 2007

At Last!

I actually got out on a "real" ride yesterday with a teammate and another friend. Sadly, their recovery pace was a good workout for me. But I was just happy that my back didn't hurt - hooray! I didn't even mind that the whole ride was on asphalt, which I usually avoid like the plague. I was cruising along on my mud-encrusted 'cross bike (with road tires), sporting the mountain bike shoes and helmet visor, happy as a clam. I'm really sorry I forgot my camera, because there was some fabulous sunset light happening as we rode back. At any rate, I'm looking forward to a warm weekend so I can get some more base miles in!

Here's some recent work images:


Ray Rovey, a Nederland man who welds iron into gates, chairs, wine racks, and more -- all while being legally blind. He wears the goggles to keep out debris. He calls his little business "Out of Sight Art and Wrought Iron."


The CU radio station shut off their CD players for a day and pulled out all their old vinyl. It's amazing the eclectic taste in really old music, like '40s, '50s and '60s-era stuff, that these kids were into.

And finally, more yummy food. Seared ahi salad with citrus from Sunflower, one of my top three favorite restaurants in Boulder.

No comments: