Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Good Lord

It's hard to believe that road racing has already started. I mean, I know the Tour of California happened last month already, but hell, that's California. Out here, there's still piles of snow sitting around. But that didn't stop folks from showing up for the Stazio Criteriums on Sunday. I went out to watch the Cat. 1/2/3 race and ran into my teammate Rob:


Even though he's actually been training, we both agreed that this looked like WAY too much work.

I'm hoping to race in late May, even though the fitness will be pretty marginal. I suspect I'll truly peak for cyclocross season -- which isn't a bad thing. I really missed racing 'cross last fall. The scene here in Colorado is getting really good... lots of spectators ringing cowbells, people grilling and drinking beer, racers in the Cat. 4s wearing funny clothes -- it's a great time. I'm looking forward to all of it!

No comments: