Friday, March 02, 2007

Future Magazine Star

Yesterday I spent the morning in Denver at b. hawkins advertising studio, doing my photo and video shoot for the Maverick ads.



I know, I'm such a cheeseball. But it was really fun! I'm not sure what's up with the background color, which they called "Baby Puke," but I think that somehow the color can be changed easily in Photoshop, allowing them to drop in whatever color they want. They said the end result will probably be gray, like the sample ad I showed in my previous post, but they're not 100% sure just yet.

Check out their sweet studio:


They use a Hasselblad medium format camera with a digital back, which is an amazing setup. It seriously made me want to do commercial photography. But I lack the $50,000 needed to buy all the cameras, lights and studio space to get started, so... maybe in my next lifetime.

The photographer and the art director, both named Brian, were really cool guys. They actually work with several other bike companies, like Giant, for instance, so they know the whole mtn bike scene. And I got to see my buddy Rob from Blue Sky Cycles for a few minutes, since he was getting his picture taken before me.

The video part was fun, too. Brian the art director shot it and coached me, and I think I did okay. I'll probably think otherwise when I see it! I just hope I don't look fat. It IS the Year of the Pig, you know. ;)

No comments: