Saturday, October 29, 2005

Okay, I'm Over It

I'm sick of being sick!! I got this cold last Sunday, and then for the past four nights, at 2am like clockwork, my sinuses fill up like Hooters on a Saturday night, and I'm awake the rest of the night because I can barely breathe. And I've had to drag myself to work every day, too. Now it's finally the weekend, and I feel like crap. Great!!
So I guess I'll call the Waaaaambulance and have it park in front of my house so I can just curl up in there permanently. :-)
Needless to say, Brad and I are not doing my lactate threshold test anytime soon. AND I'm missing out on yet another cool cyclocross race! Double drat!!

Well, to keep this post from being a pathetic whine fest, I'll include the last of my decent photos from the summer:



Jim Forslund, a local attorney, reads a book while waiting for a client in the Boulder County Justice Center on Thursday morning.



David Hackett, of San Diego, Calif., performs a move called a "rock and roll" at the Boulder Skatepark on Monday afternoon. Hackett, current World Champion Bank Slalom skater, came through town after competing in a national championship skateboard race in Breckenridge last week.



Amy Self, center, relaxes while midwife Elizabeth Moore, right, and Self's husband, Ed, left, paint her belly at Moore's office recently. When mothers-to-be reach 37 weeks in their pregnancies, Moore paints their bellies to celebrate the fact that they are far enough along to safely give birth at home.

1 comment:

For The Trees said...

As uncomfortable as an advanced pregnancy is to the woman, it seems that she'd be trying to get the kid to develop faster instead of spending time celebrating. But then, birthing at home is such an occasion to celebrate, bringing life into the world. Guys can relate but not experience it.

Maybe that's why guys go to war and take life. As the yin to pregnancy's yang. Oops, too philosophical this early. Need more coffee.