Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Giraffe Takes Over Boulder

I took an easy ride this morning to enjoy the nice weather, since I'm working nights this week. I had to stop and snap a photo of the giraffe at the Gateway Fun Park, because a couple of months ago, they called the paper and thought we should do a little story about this thing. They tried to talk it up, how awesome it is, how much kids love it, blah blah blah. They tried to make it sound like it was freaking out passing motorists. But really, it's pretty boring. It's sunk into some concrete, and it just sits there. It would be way better if it's head dipped down into one of the miniature golf holes and ate your ball. I mean, it looks kind of evil, doesn't it?


Then I took a loop through the Holiday neighborhood, so named because it's built on the site of the old Holiday Drive-In. I really want to live here, and there are quite a few permanently-affordable units throughout the neighborhood. I need to get busy looking into it!

No comments: