Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Wheelie Master

I finished my next cycling column yesterday, complete with story, still photos, and video, about Matt Fisher, the Wheelie Master.



This guy can wheelie for blocks at a time, up stairs, down stairs, on road bikes, on kids' bikes, you name it, he can wheelie it. And then there's my friend Nick Martin, who has long wanted to be able to wheelie. After a few minutes' coaching from Matt, Nick made significant improvement -- I think he's on his way of reaching his dream: to wheelie across the finish line when winning a NORBA pro mountain bike race.



Nick took this of me at work:



I'm hoping the column works out okay... there's a lot less space available this time. And I had to shoot the videos on my crappy little point-and-shoot camera, so they are going to be tiny on the web. People will have to glue their faces to the screen to see anything. But I'm hoping we can run the vids in slow motion so people can really see what Matt's doing with his body to make the wheelie happen.

Now I gotta learn it!!

No comments: