Monday, May 07, 2007

More New Horizons

I spent another great day exploring new trails... this time in the snow! Von and I headed up to Coulson Gulch, between Lyons and Estes Park, on the advice of his friend Dave.

Little flakes starting falling as we got out of the car, and we had to just laugh. That's Colorado for you. And I was still in the hot desert mindset, so I had barely enough clothes to stay warm. I ended up wearing the casual pants I'd brought over my bike shorts; Von had to put on his dressy wool sweater. But hey, we had fun and that's what matters.

Snow gathering in the trees:


Von digging around for more clothes:


A break in the weather:


Then back in Boulder, after years of seeing the tulips blooming on the Pearl Street Mall, I actually stopped and did the tourist thing:



I couldn't help it; I'd never seen tulips like these before. Sometimes, ya gotta stop and smell (or shoot) the flowers, har de har har.

No comments: