Thursday, May 18, 2006

Amazing Stuff

Sometimes I am just floored by what people can accomplish. Check this out: this guy is blind, but he competes in downhill races. He follows a guide, and learns what's coming in the terrain by listening to that person's tires on the dirt. He can distinguish the type of soil, if it's rocky, if it's loose, dry, etc. He can hear that person turning, braking, etc. Totally cool!! I don't know if the guide calls out things to him or not... I kinda doubt he could hear the guide with the noise of riding, cheering, etc.



This guy is impressive as well. I don't know anything about him, except that he gets my admiration:



And on another note, here's another funky freaky from the sidelines. How do we get some of these folks at the Colorado races?

No comments: