Thursday, April 27, 2006

Drool-Worthy

I don't usually geek out about the equipment side of mountain biking; I'm usually a lot more concerned with the experience itself, but this time has got to be an exception.

My pal Andy introduced me to Scot Nichol of Ibis Bicycles, who bought back the company after selling it some years ago, and he's busy making some incredible carbon fiber mountain bikes.

Here's the Mojo, which is pretty damn eye-popping:



Here's the suspension link, which to my untrained eye, looks quite similar to the Maverick/I-Drive concept. I gotta go to the website and do my research, since I plan to write a column about all this.



Here's Scot, left, and Andy, holding one of the carbon road frames.



The only bummer about a mountain bike that beautiful is that I'd be WAY too nervous to ever crash it, so it would make me ride like a weenie.

No comments: