Thursday, February 16, 2006

Chomping at the Bit

There's a free publication here called Rocky Mountain Sports, and every year at this time they put out an issue called "The Keeper," which is basically an enormous calendar of every event happening in every sport. I started reading the mountain bike section and totally got my knickers in a twist over all the fun stuff happening this summer. Races, clinics, festivals, presentations -- it fairly boggles the mind. I can't wait! I'm really hoping to stay injury free and have my best-ever fitness this year, which should make this stuff even more fun. And as always, there's my yearly trip to Crested Butte. It's truly the highlight of my season.



And then there are trips to Fruita:



And skills sessions with Akira:



And hanging out with my team:



This year I really want to travel to a few more races that are farther away. I'm envisioning some great road trips with my teammates and other pals, laughing our asses off, hollering for each other at finish lines, and embellishing/exaggerating our race stories at the end of the day. ("Dude, I just KILLED everybody on that steep downhill," etc.)

And hopefully ripping a few legs off at the Winter Park races! Booyah!!

No comments: