Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hanging in the Aspen

Last night's assignment was cool, but it took forever for people to come along the trail. I guess it makes me happy, really, that these trails are still so empty.

This photo will probably be the lead picture in tomorrow's paper:


Here was an alternative, but it's more about the rider than the trees, which isn't what we're going for with this story. This lucky dude lives in neighboring Rollinsville.


And for whatever reason, Josh (who's playing editor this week) didn't like this photo, and chose a different one. But since this is MY blog, I can love this photo all I want. :)


I didn't really get to ride much afterward, but that was okay. It's a rest week, anyway. I should be back at the long, slow rides this weekend.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

hey marty

saw you at the second park race but i was feeling poopy. I saw on the results that you've upgraded to Expert.

Hit me up if you're down for a ride up in the golden gate park area or ned land. Its gonna be hot down here this weekend and i'm gonna escape by going up to elevation both days. I'm even thinking about throwing in a sourdough loop, as its been a while since i've been up there.

Aaron